Effective July 12, 2018
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to every person (“you”) who purchases a ticket for and/or attends Mapbox, Inc.’s (“we”, “us” or “our”) 2018 SatSummit Conference (“Conference”). If you are purchasing a ticket on behalf of your company or another legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind that entity to these Terms, in which case “you" will mean the entity you represent.
1. Rules, Regulations & Conduct
- You agree to abide by and comply with all applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations and ordinances, our policies and procedures as set forth herein, including our Code of Conduct, as well as any policies or procedures that may be provided or explained to you at or prior to the Conference ( collectively, “Conference Rules”).
- Identification. You must carry with you at all times during the Conference a government-issued photo identification that exactly matches the name in your Conference registration.
- Safety and Security. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or broken property. Please remain aware and keep your personal possessions, secure at all times.
- Removal from Conference. If you are in violation of the Conference Rules and/or we believe that you are behaving in an unsafe or careless manner while attending the Conference, you may be required to leave and be barred from returning without any liability on our part (and you will not receive a refund of your registration fee).
2. Conference Schedule
- Any information that we provide about the Conference schedule is non-binding and we reserve the right to modify the schedule and speakers at any time. Your registration for the Conference does not entitle you to attend any specific sessions and you agree that we shall have no liability to you if you are unable to attend any session. Be aware that Conference sessions may become full-to-capacity and please plan your session attendance accordingly.
3. Photography, Recordings and Conference Information
- Our Use of Photography and Recordings. We and third parties authorized by us may take photographs, video or audio recordings of the Conference, including of you (“Conference Recordings”). By being permitted to attend the conference (and without additional consideration), you (A) agree that we shall be the sole copyright owner of the Conference Recordings, (B) irrevocably and perpetually consent to the capture of your image, voice and likeness in the Conference Recordings and our right to use, reproduce, distribute, display and publish such Conference Recordings, in whole or in part, for any purpose, at any time and either directly or through any third party, and (C) (on behalf of yourself and your successors and assigns) release us and all such third parties (and us and their respective successors, assigns, and licensees) from any and all liability, claims and causes of action you may have now or in the future with respect to the creation and any exploitation of the Conference Recordings, and (D) agree to pay any attorneys’ fee and costs incurred by us or the third parties if you institute any legal action based on or relating to any consent, waiver, release or other agreement you have given in this paragraph.
- 4. Your Use of Photography, Recordings and Conference Information. Without our prior written consent, you may not take, publish or disseminate photos, audio recordings and/or video recordings of the Conference or any of its attendees for commercial use, provided that the foregoing does not apply to your personal or internal business use.
- Tickets. All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Tickets are non-transferable and may not be assigned without our prior written consent (which may be withheld for any reason or no reason at all) and may only be used by the named individual who purchased the ticket according to our records. Any ticket substitution requests must be submitted to via Universe at least 30 days prior to the start of the Conference.
- Cancellation by us. In the event that we cancel the Conference and do not reschedule for a date that is within 30 days of the originally posted Conference start date, we will refund the full registration fee within 90 days of the date of cancellation. For clarity, you agree that we are not liable to you or any third party for any costs or damages, direct or indirect, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or general resulting from any cancellation or rescheduling of the Conference, including without limitation any travel and accommodation costs.
7. Limitation of Liability
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OR VENDORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, OR USE OR COST OF COVER) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR ATTENDANCE OF THE CONFERENCE, EVEN IF MAPBOX OR A MAPBOX AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF US OR OUR AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OR VENDORS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR ATTENDANCE OF THE CONFERENCE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100 USD) OR FEES PAID OR PAYABLE TO MAPBOX FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE TO THE CONFERENCE.
- YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR RELATED TO US MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us and our respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees, suppliers, vendors and agents from and against any and all claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of or connected to your attendance at the Conference or your violation of these Terms, applicable law or any proprietary or privacy right of any other person attending the Conference.
- In the event that we are prevented from carrying out our obligations as a result of any cause beyond our control (including without limitation acts of God, changes in applicable law, war, acts of terrorism, disease or pandemic, airline flight cancellations, strikes, lock-outs, or failure of third parties to deliver goods and services) we shall be relieved of our obligations for as long as such cause preventing our performance persists.
10. Governing Law; Venue
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any action arising out of or relating to these Terms must be filed in the state or federal courts for San Francisco County, California, USA, and you hereby consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the Conference and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written between you and us with respect to the Conference. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- A provision of these Terms may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.